How is BID Formed?
- A BID can only be formed following consultation with the businesses in the area
- A ballot is run for the defined area and businesses vote on a BID Proposal and Business Plan.
- The Local Authority or an agency outsourced by the Local Authority run the ballot.
- All businesses eligible to pay the levy are balloted for a minimum of 28 days.
- A BID goes ahead only if the ballot to be won on two counts: straight majority and majority of rateable value. This
- ensures that the interests of large and small businesses are protected.
- There is no minimum turnout threshold.
- If the ballot outcome is positive a BID is formed.